Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi im a complete newbie to linux. i downloaded the knoppix live cd jus to see if linux worked on my machine and it worked great only problem was that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless lan help

hi im a complete newbie to linux. i downloaded the knoppix live cd jus to see if linux worked on my machine and it worked great only problem was that i couldnt get into any wireless network settings. I dont know if it detected my wireless card or not My card is from atmel and its a usb card. IM wondering wat linux distributions would work with my card and how do i set it up with that specific distribution. Note that i have no clue about linux the only experience i have is booting it with a live cd and staring at it in amazement at how beautifull looked lol.

What is the exact name of your card?

Looking through the kernel configuration, there is an option for Atmel support. This may or may not work for your card.

Assuming that your card is supported by Linux, all distros should work with it, though you will need to configure it.

If your card is not supported, you'll need to look into ndiswrapper. But let's see if your card is supported natively first.