Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need to change rights for one user on a redhat box. I want this user to have rights to one folder and one folder only. I've been working with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

User Rights

I need to change rights for one user on a redhat box. I want this user to have rights to one folder and one folder only. I've been working with linux for a while now, just never need to limit rights in this manner.

Any help is appreciated.

Linux Engineer
    Hmm.. you can't, unless you set a chroot jail, so the user can't get out of his home directory.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by iudave
    I need to change rights for one user on a redhat box. I want this user to have rights to one folder and one folder only. I've been working with linux for a while now, just never need to limit rights in this manner.

Any help is appreciated.
    Can you be more specific to your question?
    Do you mean only one folder including the default folders or only one folder total and what about a home dir? I can help you with this if you are a little more specific to your needs.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

You could give other folders, by hand only root acces and let that folder with user acces...