Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am sure its been covered, but I did a search and didnt find anything useful, I have heard and seen "kicker panels"? on different screen shots, I thought it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

kicker panel?

I am sure its been covered, but I did a search and didnt find anything useful,

I have heard and seen "kicker panels"? on different screen shots, I thought it would be cool to have, but have no idea how to make, compile or obtain one, and I am not all that sure of what it does, I know its prob just eyecandy, but thats why i use linux, cause i like all the pretty stuff! lol
    any answers would help.
    thanks

Smile

I think you mean a skin for the kicker? That's just a graphics file - often with a *.png file extention (pronounced 'ping' btw) about 50x50 px

Can't remember which directory they're in, but they are quite easy to make yourself with the GIMP programme (a graphics processing package which is a tiny bit like Photoshop ... a fantastic piece of kit!)

You could search on Google for these, but you need to know how to log in as root, copy files etc.

Check out http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=24788

You can also make the kicker transparent, change its dimensions, move it to a different screen border and use it make coffee (I lied about the last one).
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

its a start, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrsoit
    its a start, thanks
    Okay. Also navigate to KDE>LookNFeel>Panels and play with the settings there.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

in kubuntu it doesnt have looknfeel like other distros, what i would really like to know is how do i enable the kicker panel? I have seen the skins on kde-look thats where i saw the screen shots and thought *that would be cool to have*
    thanks for the help so far man