Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by dlippiett ACK i kinda screwed up partitioning the drive...i only have 7.2 gigs after about 7hours of watching the partitioning program run in dos scrolling by i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by dlippiett
    ACK i kinda screwed up partitioning the drive...i only have 7.2 gigs after about 7hours of watching the partitioning program run in dos scrolling by i was able to finally set up (thought was atleast 10 but guess not) so i have 7.2gigs formatted in reiser would that be good? <prays no more dos NO MORE IT BURNS ME RETINA!> lol

EDIT: i cant find a stage 3 d/l...would that be the "packages" CD they list?
    7.2 should be enough. I'm using around 5/6 gigs with all of the stuff I listed earlier (I keep .mp3's on a different partition, though). As for the stage 3 download, look for 'install-x86-universal-2005.1-r1.iso' or something similar. The packages CD has some extra stuff (the GUI) which you can install directly from the 'net.

Just Joined!
    well...i figured the packages CD had to be something i may have needed, so before i went out (right after the last time i posted) i started downloading the packages CD...and i do have the universal...i guess all i can do now is make an attempt and pray to the penguin...off i go to install gentoo ill let ya know later whether i screwed another drive or got it working

Just Joined!

Question

i think its safe to say im madder then a bull after bein branded...i followed the gentoo docs to the letter...but the link to emerge grub from the net was dead as a door nail, so i went with lilo...had every thing installed and configured (so i thought) got to where itsaid in the docs to cd, then umount , then reboot...upon rebooting i see this "IDE0 Check: OK
    Failed To Load Operating System" didnt even get a chance to use the package CD...i saw no errors during the install....oh yeah an i accidently wiped out win2k ...and when i went to reinstall win after gentoo went horribly wrong....went to get my video card CD w/ drivers etc...freakin thing broke on me....and for some reason (i know from previous experiences) windows wont let me online until my video card has been installed...hell w/snowblower MS any way...im now using suse 9.3 pro...still want to get gentoo up and running though...any body have any ideas on where i pi**ed off the mini penguins of gentoo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2