Find the answer to your Linux question:
im going to install ubuntu on and old computer of mine that has a really messed up windows os on it and i know ubuntu will erase that, is there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

im a noob at linux

im going to install ubuntu on and old computer of mine that has a really messed up windows os on it and i know ubuntu will erase that, is there any problems with doing this type of thing and can i change the bg and stuff on ubuntu,
    p.s. my computer cant be configured to boot from cd

please help m doing this in about 3 days

oz
    forum.guy
    It should work, but you'll probably have to make some boot floppies if you can't boot from CD. Once you are booted, you can install using the CDs, or do a network install if Ubuntu has that option.

BTW: welcome to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by fanzi
    im going to install ubuntu on and old computer of mine that has a really messed up windows os on it and i know ubuntu will erase that, is there any problems with doing this type of thing and can i change the bg and stuff on ubuntu,
    p.s. my computer cant be configured to boot from cd

please help m doing this in about 3 days
    Yes you can change backgrounds and stuff and there is no problem in formatting your drive so that the windows part is erased and ubuntu is put over it.

Now for booting the cd, I assume you have already tried putting the cd as the 1st boot device in the BIOS, otherwise try the suggestions in this thread
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Please do not post question in the Tutorial section of the forum. There is a Newbie section for this sort of post.

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS