Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I burned Zenwalk to a CD and installed it. Nowhere during the installation did it give me the option to specify a user name and password to log in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Trouble logging into Zenwalk.

So I burned Zenwalk to a CD and installed it. Nowhere during the installation did it give me the option to specify a user name and password to log in to Linux. It DID give me the opportunity to specify a root password, however. It also gave me the option to set a Domain name and host name, which I believe are for my internet connection.

So when I boot Zenwalk, I do not know how to log into it since I don't have a login name and password. How do I rectify this?

(Mods, sorry for creating another thread, just with the title above, it might get the proper attention.

Try logging in as root, then use the useradd command to create a new user.

Note:: I haven't used Zenwalk.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Linux User
    Hi AlexK,

Thanks for the help. I was able to get help in my Ubuntu thread, so now I'm in Zenwalk. I'm working on getting it set up how I like now. We'll see how it goes from here. After giving up on SuSE, I'm back, and trying out Zenwalk and eventually Ubuntu. So far with Zen, the screen res is not as crisp as I would like, my taskbar has disappeared somehow, I think I like SuSE's managing system better, I don't know how to put items on the desktop, and having not used Firefox much (although I've just downloaded it on my Windows partition) I don't know how to make tabs.

Otherwise, it's going good, and LinuxForums has changed since I last came.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close