Find the answer to your Linux question:
sry bout this. must have posted in wrong section. mod please delete....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Burnings ISOs

sry bout this. must have posted in wrong section. mod please delete.

Linux Enthusiast
    If they are isos then you should be able to burn them directly to disk. If they are rar files, then you will need to extract the iso images from them.

If you burn the compressed rar files then the computer would need to know how to uncompress them on the fly in order to access the data and that would be too complex.

Note that you want to burn the iso directly to disk rather then creating a cd with the iso as a file on it.

As to finding out which one it is, enable file extensions and take a look (I'm assuming you are in windows, since I seem to remember that bundle of books.)

Hope that helps,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

Ok. So I have my 5 Fedora Core 4 ISO's downloaded. They are in RAR format i think, but i'm not sure. All i know is that they are in the little bundle of books that i associate RAR with. So what i'm wondering is if i just burn the whole RAR file or if i have to extract to a folder and burn the folder. Sorry if this seems very obvious to you, but I want to make sure. I'm a newbie, lol.
    well I guess there are ISO files and you see them as rar "little bundele of books that associate with rar"
    you don't need to extract them to a file, you just have to burn them to a CD's.At least try to burn one and see if your box boots from it.
    I had problems to use Nero under Xp and I got a nice and simple programe from a post in this forum, http://www.cdburnerxp.se/index.php
    the topic is http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/t10...-for-free.html
    enjoy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    alright thanks guys.

ok so i'm looking at the first disc. i managed to find a file called boot.iso as a WinRAR archive. i'm not sure exactly how this helps, but its the only .iso file i could find. also, i'm not sure how to burn the iso to a cd, without just putting it as a file on the cd. i'f i'm being too general or anything, i'll try to elaborate a bit more, but i'm pretty much a super n00b to this. thought i knew a lot more than i do lol.

oz
    forum.guy
    Here's a howto that was posted by dylunio:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/t36...nstall-cd.html