Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, so i have the creative x-fi soundcard and have slack 10.2 installed. i know x-fi isn't supported yet and probably won't ever be supported but i need some sound. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

prolly an easy sound question

ok, so i have the creative x-fi soundcard and have slack 10.2 installed. i know x-fi isn't supported yet and probably won't ever be supported but i need some sound. i have an onboard sound card i think called c-media or something. is it possible to bypass the pci card and go straight to my supported c-media onboard sound card without removing my pci card so when i boot to windows i can use the x-fi?

thanks for any help you can provide

kelvin

Quote Originally Posted by stink
    ok, so i have the creative x-fi soundcard and have slack 10.2 installed. i know x-fi isn't supported yet and probably won't ever be supported but i need some sound. i have an onboard sound card i think called c-media or something. is it possible to bypass the pci card and go straight to my supported c-media onboard sound card without removing my pci card so when i boot to windows i can use the x-fi?

thanks for any help you can provide

kelvin

If you have the cmedia on board card enabled, you should be able to just configure it. You may wanna check the BIOS that it is enabled since when i put my 2nd card in, it wasn't too keen on both cards, so i disabled my onboard one. It should work fine though, the C-Media driver is in the kernel.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    yeah, in fact i remember having to disable the onboard because my computer didn't like 2 cards. so basically, i'm gonna have to switch cards in BIOS before i boot to each OS... i guess that isn't so bad...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close