Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys Still been doing a little more research on Arch linux and noticed that the style of installation is ncurses based, like slackware. However, is ncurses also used for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ncurses-Arch linux

Hey guys

Still been doing a little more research on Arch linux and noticed that the style of installation is ncurses based, like slackware. However, is ncurses also used for the configuration of files in Arch linux? I was just wondering.

Cheers

Linux Newbie
    To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what ncurses is compared to other installations. But when installing arch linux you get an option to edit the config files with the same pseudo-gui tool untill you select the file to edit. It then lets you choose between two text editors, and when you save & exit it goes back to the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by ~tux~
    Hey guys

Still been doing a little more research on Arch linux and noticed that the style of installation is ncurses based, like slackware. However, is ncurses also used for the configuration of files in Arch linux? I was just wondering.

Cheers
    as alancooney wrote, you get the option of using either vi or nano (I think).
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

After installation though, there are no fancy ncurses configuration tools. Everything is done by hand using the editor of your choice .

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.