Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, i am making a new thead cuz my situation has changed. Well i installed the ATI driver, and i was pretty disappinted and i need some help getting it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy ATI Driver II

Ok, i am making a new thead cuz my situation has changed. Well i installed the ATI driver, and i was pretty disappinted and i need some help getting it to work.

-First off, the graphical installer was very nice, except for the fact, that most of the actual set up process is not graphical.

-Second of all, i installed it and i was not able to access the ati control application. Has anyone had this issue before? I click on it, i wait a while, and then nothing happens.

-Third of all, it put links for the ATI control panel in everyplace except for the correct one (Applications > System tools)Now I have one in the Applications menu, one on the desktop menu, one in Desktop > System Settings and one in Desktop > System Settings > Server Settings menu. Why so many?

-The only positive thing that i noticed, was that i was able to increase my frame rate. That may be because it was at a very low resolution, but it did seem to help.

Currently i replaced the new Xorgconfig file with my old one (which i thankfully backed up berfore completing the ATI installation), and i don't know what to do to get this ATI control panel to work when i click on it. Also, i wonder if i could have made a mistake when i was setting up fglrxconfig. Any help would be appereciated.

Bump. Does, any one know, i might repost in the KDE/Gnome/X windows forum