Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry, I put my last reply in the wrong forum! Here Is another copy. Help!!! I am a linux newbie and am having trouble resizing my windows ntfs partition. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partioning Error.

Sorry, I put my last reply in the wrong forum! Here Is another copy.

Help!!! I am a linux newbie and am having trouble resizing my windows ntfs partition. When i try to resize (in qtparted) I get an error that says "filesystem check failed, totally 38 cluster accounting mismatches" The first time I tried to partition it worked fine, but I forgot to press the commit button before I closed ! When I went back in the try to resize again, I got this message. So, being a simple minded person I automatically though "What is wrong with this stupid cd???" so I re download the Linux System Resuce Cd and re burnt it to a new disk. Same error. Okay now that my temper is raging , i defragment the drive again. Same problem! Now I am to the point to where I have had it and need some expert advice. If any one could help I would truely appreciate it. If any more information is needed feel free to get in touch with me at lilchicken_dean2@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance! :

oz
    forum.guy

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar

I attempted to try that but found a broken link when trying to download it. IS there an instruction manual for it sicne it is command line?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Sorry, I didn't mean download the app they refer to, but run chkdsk from Windows to see if you can fix the errors, then repeat what you've already tried:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...us/chkdsk.mspx

Click on the link to read up on chkdsk. You'll need to boot Windows and run chkdsk with the /f command line option. If chkdsk asks you if it should check the drive the next time you restart the computer then answer 'yes' and restart Windows. If you don't specify the /f option then chkdsk will not fix the NTFS consistency problems.

HTH