Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, I'm using the Epiphany web browser, i will like to know how to make it support java script?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Enable Java Script

hi all,
    I'm using the Epiphany web browser, i will like to know how to make it support java script?
    Proper Planing is a way of success

Java works with my Epiphany though I've not configured java specifically for it. I think, like Firefox, if you configure Mozilla web browser for java, Epiphany will seek and use plugins from Mozilla.

http://www.atd.ucar.edu/rtf/include/...nuxPlugin.html
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    Java works with my Epiphany though I've not configured java specifically for it. I think, like Firefox, if you configure Mozilla web browser for java, Epiphany will seek and use plugins from Mozilla.

http://www.atd.ucar.edu/rtf/include/...nuxPlugin.html
    No!!! JavaScript is not Java!

Personally, I'm not quite sure as I use firefox, but maybe there's an option in a configuration or something? If not, maybe there's something in gconf?

Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    No!!! JavaScript is not Java!
    What's the difference? I ask because I configured my Links graphics browser with JavaScript but I can't see where it does anything at all with Java...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Java is a programming language created by Sun Microsystems. It is an interpreted language, as it compiles into Java bytcode that is interpreted by the Virtual Machine present on each computer that has Java installed. In this manner, Java compiled on any computer can be run on any other computer with Java installed.

JavaScript is an Internet scripting language that allows for a certain degree of dynamic content within an otherwise HTML page. It bears no relationship whatsoever with Java, despite the similar names.

As far as enabling JavaScript in Epiphany, just open up the Options and look there.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    It is an interpreted language, as it compiles into Java bytcode that is interpreted by the Virtual Machine present on each computer that has Java installed.
    You mean Java is a compiled language; while JavaScript is an interpreted language.

There is a slight debate about it.

Java does compile, but not directly into machine code. The Java bytecode is interpreted by the VM into native machine code.

Some people say its compiled, others say interpreted, others say both. I switch between them at will .