Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried logging into my account on pclinuxos, and these are the errors it showed: The following installation was detected |e returned by the system was: while trying to start ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can't login to my name on pclinuxos!

I tried logging into my account on pclinuxos, and these are the errors it showed:

The following installation was detected |e returned by the system was: while trying to start KDE: No write access to $HOME directory (/). KDE was unable to start.

There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The message returned by the system was: Could not read network connection list. //.DCOPserver_localhost_0 Please check that the "dcopserver" is running!

Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.

Anyone know what to do? I can log in to root and I created a new account name, but all my settings are on that other one and I want to get back into it. Thanks for your help in advance.

I can't mount that partition also, after I tried to run the trial of partition magic, but the trial won't let me save any changes anyway, so how could it have changed that partition? Also, I didn't try to change that particular partition.

UPDATE:

I was able to get into my files with a Knoppix LiveCD, but what files would I need to get to load all my configuration for PCLinuxOS? I got my firefox profile, now all I need is my basic configuration for my desktop and all that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close