Results 1 to 2 of 2
1. Going to Mirrors_Released_Version 2. Choosing a mirror in your vicinity 3. Searching for the link "Installation Repository" in the respective table and make a record of this link. It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 01-18-2006 #1
Suse 10 internet installation.
1. Going to Mirrors_Released_Version
2. Choosing a mirror in your vicinity
3. Searching for the link "Installation Repository" in the respective table and make a record of this link. It contains the information YaST needs to install from this source: protocol, server name and installation directory
4. Getting the IP address from the server by executing a command like ping or host
That's the information I need, but I don't know about steps 3 and 4. Here's the installation repository: ftp://suse.mirrors.tds.net/pub/opens...S/inst-source/
And then what about step 4? How would I do that? Thanks for the help.
- 01-19-2006 #2
- Join Date
- May 2004
- arch linux
It's been quite a while since I last installed SUSE by FTP, but take a look at these two HowTos. They are a bit outdated (change commands accordingly) but I've used them before and they gave me all I needed to successfully install it:
Note that I used the mcs.anl.gov mirror and it worked fine. Hope this helps...