Find the answer to your Linux question:
In Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog, where do I go into to set and config my network settings such as TCP/IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS etc. For eg in Win 2000 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking Question

In Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog, where do I go into to set and config my network settings such as TCP/IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS etc. For eg in Win 2000 Pro I go to my Network Neighbourhood for this and this also applies to Win XP as well.

The prob I'm having is that my Linux PC has a default IP address of 192.168.0.4 and my other Win 2000 Pro also has the same IP as well which is causing a collison or conflict. What I want to do is as follows:

1. Assign a new IP and subnet to the Linux PC
    2. Manually input a default Gateway (this being the IP address of my ADSL
    Modem/Router)

3. Manually input DNS server.

I think its somewhere in: /etc/networks/

poke around there for a config file and edit with your editor of choice. i.e vim. nano, emacs, etc.....
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux User
    in the gnome menu where the system settings are theres a gui app for the job ye want to do
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close