Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is just a quick question. How do I remove the "Home" icon from the desktop? If I delete it, it just appears again on startup. The command for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Remove dektop home icon

This is just a quick question. How do I remove the "Home" icon from the desktop? If I delete it, it just appears again on startup.

The command for the icon link is konqueror --profile filemanagement

Linux Enthusiast
    sounds like you are using KDE.

If you dont want any icons on your desktop, right click, icons, then show no icons or something similar to that

Linux Engineer
    I couldn't find the option onlinebacon described in KDE 3.5, however icons can be disabled in kcontrol -> Desktop -> Behavior -> Show icons on desktop

[off-topic]hi again onlinebacon, been a while since last time I saw you :P[/off-topic]

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Actually, I don't want to remove all the icons from the desktop just the icon labeled "Home." As I said, if I delete it, it just comes back. I want to keep my other desktop icons.

oz
    forum.guy
    Don't know if this will work (I don't run KDE), but maybe you could delete it then save the session while it's deleted. Then with any luck, maybe the icon will still be gone when you log back in. Just guessing here...

Just Joined!
    EDIT: problem solved. OS forums are helpful