Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm very new towards Linux environment. Currently, I am facing a problem where, my company wants me to transfer an existing new module (in Windows XP environment) into their existing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Transferring files/folder into Linux from Windows XP environment

I'm very new towards Linux environment. Currently, I am facing a problem where, my company wants me to transfer an existing new module (in Windows XP environment) into their existing system that is in Linux environment.

Well, this module was written in Windows XP environment. Basically, i copied the whole related folder into Linux environment by using WINSCP. Inside this folder contains all the java source files and java class files. But i realised that, the dependency of each files in that particular folder have gone. I tried again by compiling the java source file and it can't detect the dependent files.

Any idea or suggestion that can guide me? Am i doing a wrong way? Really appreciate your guidance.

Thank You.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the board...

Not sure I really understand the problem, but wouldn't something like a Knoppix live-cd allow you to do some simple copy/pasting of the files?

Quote Originally Posted by sheenawee
    Well, this module was written in Windows XP environment. Basically, i copied the whole related folder into Linux environment by using WINSCP. Inside this folder contains all the java source files and java class files. But i realised that, the dependency of each files in that particular folder have gone. I tried again by compiling the java source file and it can't detect the dependent files.
    I'm not familiar with WINSCP. Could you not mount the XP drive and drag and drop the files onto your Linux side? What it sounds like to me is you copied over the root folder but not the contents of any of the folders inside it (a non-recursive copy).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by sheenawee
    I'm very new towards Linux environment. Currently, I am facing a problem where, my company wants me to transfer an existing new module (in Windows XP environment) into their existing system that is in Linux environment.

Any idea or suggestion that can guide me? Am i doing a wrong way? Really appreciate your guidance.

Thank You.
    Do you mean a module for a program? if you have an back up0...restore that first
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis