Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does somebody have an URL to a guide telling how to create a dual booting while only Linux is installed? I noticed that I need Windows for gaming since the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Windows on Linux ?

Does somebody have an URL to a guide telling how to create a dual booting while only Linux is installed? I noticed that I need Windows for gaming since the setting up of the games is hard and they can be slow and buggy... I'm assuming that most of the booting guides are for systems where Windows has already been installed, but now it's an inverted situation.

the only problem you will find is that windows will overwrite your bootloader, on the m,aster boot record (mbr) - windows can't believe that there is anything but windows.

If you have a look at the tutorial section of this forum there are plenty of people posting how they did what you're wanting to do (very common occurence).

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

its also possible to run some games in linux using WINE.. check ouy winehq.org. There is also a seperate forums section devoted to it's discussion.

Just Joined!
    Also you can use Cedega, which is based on WINE, to run games. It has a pretty good list of games that have been proven to work on it.

Many modern games come with Linux version you can download provided you have the original windows disks. Check the website for the game you want to play. The worst issue I've encountered with native binaries is making sure your video acceleration is set up OK - pretty easy for NVidia cards, but ATI cards can suck big time.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/