Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
My friend wanted me to install Linux on her HP laptop a while ago. The biggest problem I ran into was with graphics. With most of the distros I tried, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

My friend wanted me to install Linux on her HP laptop a while ago. The biggest problem I ran into was with graphics. With most of the distros I tried, either the colors were inverted, or part of the display was scrambled, or part of the GUI was off the edge of the screen and therefore unusable, or a combination of the above. Mandriva, however, was the first distro (other than Live CDs like Slax or Knoppix) that worked just fine.

Just Joined!
    I have the same problem, my nvidia card gets all funky and it's all rainbow colored and whenever someone directs me to a link to fix it, i have no idea wtf it is because this is my first time installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tricorder
    Mandriva, however, was the first distro (other than Live CDs like Slax or Knoppix) that worked just fine.
    Many live distros (Knoppix, Kanotix, SimplyMepis) can be installed to harddrive, allowing you to test your hardware first.

Linux User
    For laptop help http://www.linux-laptop.net/ is a great site. you can search for a how-to someone wrote using the same laptop / distro you have.. or at least get pretty close.
    far...out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2