Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is Xandros a good distro of linux for beginners. And how come you guys don't have a section for it on the forum?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Xandros?

Is Xandros a good distro of linux for beginners. And how come you guys don't have a section for it on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetwizler24
    Is Xandros a good distro of linux for beginners. And how come you guys don't have a section for it on the forum?
    Any distro can be a good one for beginners, it just depends on the beginner. The target audience for Xandros is recent MS Windows converts, so if that fits you it's probably a good bet you'll like it.

Xandros is based on Debian, so the vast majority of questions you might have about Xandros can be answered there. That is why we don't have a new section for every one of the thousands of distributions out there.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Does it suppport gnome and kde?

In theory, yes. I wouldn't recommend it though. Xandros uses a heavily-modified version of KDE. If you try to use Gnome with it you're not only defeating the purpose of the work the Xandros team did, you're likely to break the OS.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I started out on Xandros last September as the first Linux distro I ever installed. It's very easy to use and any Windows user should be comfortable with it. However, the fact that it was so Windows-like went from being a convience to an annoyance for me fairly quickly. After two weeks, I started looking around for a less Windows-like distro to really sink my teeth into.

Xandros is a great first step for the complete Linux newbie, but if you're really serious about getting into Linux, you probably won't stay with it for very long. If you're not afraid of jumping in with both feet, don't even bother with Xandros.

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm a firm believer in trying as many distros as you have the time and the willpower to try, especially if they are free for downloading. If you like the distro, it's a good idea to donate some money toward the project.

Above all, have fun with it!

ozar
    oz

Just Joined!
    Hey guys, thanks for the input. I got frustrated with suse and the nvidia problem and i don't know how to boot level 3 and stuff cause it's my first time with linux so im trying debian. Downloading it right now and gonna try this partition magic thing a magic and see how that works.. Thanks for your time guys!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetwizler24
    Hey guys, thanks for the input. I got frustrated with suse and the nvidia problem and i don't know how to boot level 3 and stuff cause it's my first time with linux so im trying debian.
    Good for you! Trying different distros is the best thing you can do to see how things work and to determine which distro is really for you. Have fun, and good luck with it...

ozar
    oz