Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, new to the forums here. Just installed a fresh version of Fedora Core 4 on my PC. Dual booting with XP. I had used older RedHat versions back ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New to the forums...

Hey all, new to the forums here. Just installed a fresh version of Fedora Core 4 on my PC. Dual booting with XP. I had used older RedHat versions back in 'da day, but now that I will be taking Linux Admin and Linux Networking+Security in the fall semester at school, I thought I would get back into it. Thought I would take a hack at an install of Gentoo, but that got all FUBAR'd on me after the install was complete. The GRUB loader wouldn't show a screen and when it DID load, it came up with disk errors and "needed maintenance". Too much for me at that point so I scrapped it and went with Fedora (that's what my school uses anyway).

welcome to the forums!
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome the the forums, cradivonyk. Hope you'll have fun here and visit often!

ozar
    oz

Just Joined!
    This is my first time here. Looking for info on dual-booting. I have also been taking a class on Fedora core 4. It seems like some in the class had trouble dual-booting Fedora with xp. Did you have any trouble? Did you do anything special or just follow default? I want to put Fedora on a second hd did you do that?