Find the answer to your Linux question:
Question which linux os would fit a former windows98 pentium 2 laptop? i've been searching around.. and having trouble finding system requirements for alot of linux systems, and was wondering ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question which linux os would fit a former windows98 pentium 2 laptop

Question which linux os would fit a former windows98 pentium 2 laptop?
    i've been searching around.. and having trouble finding system requirements for alot of linux systems, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction,,..laptop is a micron gobook2, 32mb ram, pentium2 processor, device manager in windows doesn't give much info.. except 'plug and play bios' with...'intel 82443b' etc..

please forgive me for being vague. ANY help would be greatly appreciated...
    i would prefer fedora core, but not sure which version to get.. really any linux sys that includes gnome or the like would be ideal..

i mainly will be using it to make music, and have recently discovered the advantages of software only for linux.. etc

thanks.
    -0mgl0

Linux Enthusiast
    I was going to say Slackware, but then I noticed you only have 32MB of RAM, in that case, I'd say Damn Small Linux. It's a live CD but has the option to be installed on an HD.

Keep in mind that with just 32MB of RAM, Gnome, or KDE for that matter, will never run. For either one of those two, you'd want at least 256MB of RAM... if I were you, I'd just take that idea out of my head, cause it's just not going to happen.