Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By techieMoe
First of all, a very big welcome to you from all of us at LinuxForums.org! We are very happy that you've decided to become a part of our active Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation All New Users Read This First!

First of all, a very big welcome to you from all of us at LinuxForums.org!

We are very happy that you've decided to become a part of our active Linux community. Now that you are a member, please take just a moment to read the Forum Rules & Forum Etiquette. Doing so will help to insure that you get off to a good start with other forum members. Also, be sure to post any and all Linux help requests directly on the forums, because asking for help by private message does not allow other users needing support any access to those discussions and potential solutions.

In an effort to keep the same questions from being asked over and over again, we have compiled a list of very useful threads that answer the most popular "new to Linux" or "new to Linux Forums" questions. Please be sure to read all of these threads before posting your own question. In the interim, we look forward to seeing you on the forums.

New Member FAQ

Which Distribution of Linux Should I Choose?

HowTo: Download / Burn Linux ISO Files to CD/DVD

Should I run 32-bit or 64-bit Linux on my 64-bit AMD64 or Intel processor?

What do i386, i486, etc mean?

HowTo: Install Software in Linux

Table of Equivalent Windows/Linux Programs

Linux is NOT Microsoft Windows, Explained

10+ Mistakes Linux Newbies Make

A Short Guide to Linux Security (Antivirus, Firewalls, etc)

Google First, Ask Questions Later

Asking Good Questions

Just a little note to our new members: The forums keep users logged in for approximately 20 minutes, which should be plenty of time to post the kinds of messages intended for these forums. To avoid getting logged out during a session, check the "Remember Me?" check-box just to the right of the login screen when logging in.
    Last edited by jayd512; 09-08-2013 at 04:06 AM.