Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
have you seenthe original Vampire Princess Miyu series? it's one of my favorites and hard to find on dvd/vhs.. dunno 'bout on the net, though.....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

have you seenthe original Vampire Princess Miyu series? it's one of my favorites and hard to find on dvd/vhs.. dunno 'bout on the net, though..

Linux Guru
    No, I haven't seen that one, but judging from animenewsnetwork.com's encyclopedia, it certainly seems good enough to check out. My initial search tests indicate that it seems to not be in great abundance, but it certainly doesn't seem impossible to get, either.
    Thanks for the tip!

Linux Engineer
    oh, btw, IMO, the second series of Vampire Princess Miyu was nowhere near as good as the first.. unfortunately, they stopped importing the first series after the second VHS tape which had eps 3 and 4 on it..

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    It got me all 95 episodes of Kenshin, totalling in around 18 GBs,
    Are these episodes in english ou in japanese ???
    I've been trying to get the full series since forever.......
    But in this ****** country i live in... getting stuff like that is really hard (almost impossible).
    There are very few anime/manga fans.
    By the away, where are you from?

Personaly I LOVE KENSHIN, but only have about 30 episodes....
    But at least there are in the original language with english subs....
    Also got the movie, the OVA's and a weird episode that is sayed to be the 96º - Lost Episode.

My favorite anime: anything with swords... blood is optional, but a Plus!

Linux Guru
    In Japanese, of course! I wouldn't ever even consider watching them in English. Like I stated elsewhere, the English language isn't really the best language ever invented, and also the Japanese voice actors are just so much better.

I'm from Sweden.
    <-- You can see the Location of everyone that has entered it to the left.

Have you tried Direct Connect? It's easy to get lots of good stuff there.

Linux Newbie
    are these animes in mpeg format?
    can i find subtitles for Turkish?
    how can i d/l them?
    what is direct connect? is it like kazaa?

about the topic,
    i think linux's first problem is GAMES (most win users only use their pc for gaming), second is hardware's are produced for win and some of them are cant be used on linux (i.e. my old USB ADSL modem).

Linux Guru
    No, they are AVI, usually Divx or Xvid.
    Likely not - the subtitles are usually encoded into the video stream, it's usually not a seperate subtitle file. However, I think that you seem proficient enough with your English to be able to handle them.
    I've only tried downloading them over Direct Connect, so I really can't give any other suggestions.
    Direct Connect is a filesharing network, yes, but it doesn't work like Kazaa. You connect to one or more "hubs", which allow you, basically, to broadcast search requests to the others who are connected to the same hub. You search for filenames, not any kind of metadata.

Yes, I agree. Games is an important factor for many, many people to convert to the good side. However, large game makers have started to make games for Linux, so I would think that it shouldn't take too many years before we see a good game market for Linux.

Linux User
    I believe that picture is from the last episode actually, after Spike made it to the second floor he was grazed by a bullet, hence the mark on his cheek; also the trench coat. I'm into quite a few different series right now. Inuyasha's my favorite at the moment, I started watching that on Adult Swim on cartoon network, but the english dubs are quite annoying. www.discountanimedvd.com has a bundle of eps 1-102 (theres 140 currently) for 200 bucks with english subtitles so I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy it. I can only seem to find fansubs online for eps 100 and up, and I still need to see 52 and up. I'm also really into Hellsing right now. It's about an organization that kills vampires in England and they have a couple of vampires working for them, and one of them is really badass. It's very well animated, and well written as well. I also just finished watching Gundam Wing, classic series. Also enjoy Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, Orphen, of course Bebop, and just started Evangelion. I've only been watching Anime since mid August or so, still a lot of great series to check out. I've recently grown to prefer subtitles over dubs, I noticed the translation gets sacrificed to sync with the mouth movments and such. It just plain sounds better too. The only anime I actually enjoy the english voices is Bebop.

Just Joined!

Sorry about the "Where are you from?" question.... forogt about that.

sometimes i use DC++ to try and donwload Kenshin, but here (Portugal) The ISP's are really stupid, you limited internacional doanload capability. If I exeed 3Gbs/moth I pay more. That's why I only have 30 episodes....

Linux Newbie
    in Turkey, 128 kbit ADSL is 45$ /mo ,
    ADSL modem is ~100$ ,
    phone cost for dial-up is ~1$ /hour !

Now you like Portugal more?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast