Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I LOVE Portugal, it is my home! But I hate the people who run the ISPs... always trying to get more money for less service... How is the Internet where ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I LOVE Portugal, it is my home!
    But I hate the people who run the ISPs... always trying to get more money for less service...
    How is the Internet where your from?
    Unlimited Downloads.... How much??

The ISP I hate above all is Netcabo (the one I use), they have the monopoly of the broad band market because they were the first company to offer the service. Now, other companies offer better services, but instead of boosting up their own.... they prefer to raise prices to compensate the ones that "cross over" to other companies.....

PS - Here the internet cost is not much lower than in Turkey....

Linux Guru
    Inuyasha 140? I've only seen up to ep 137 on the net. It was good of you to mention Tenchi Muyo! I began watching it a year ago, but I just forgot it somehow. I'll have to get the rest of it.

About Hellsing, I really don't want to spoil the fun for you, but the first half was much better than the second. Although it's clearly worth watching. =)

If you want my opinion, you should really get Great Teacher Onizuka. It and Bebop are most likely the best two series I've seen (although it's hard to keep Trigun away from that position...).

Speaking of Inuyasha with subtitles, they weren't hard to get using the automatic downloader. I just started it on episode 1 and it got me 120 eps in a week or two, without intervention. I've licensed all the stuff under the GPL, so if you want it, you can have it. Admittedly, though, it's not the easiest thing in the world to set up. I've also heard that Direct Connect isn't that popular in the US, so it might be hard for it to find fast people to download from if you run it.

Linux User
    Thanks for the offer, but I like to try and support the stuff I'm into somewhat. I downloaded Full Metal Panic and the first inuyasha movie, thats about it so far. I recieved Bebop, Trigun and Hellsing as gifts but they're the bootlegged imports from Hong Kong that cost like 20 bucks for entire collections. Good quality stuff though, just not very supportive. As for Inuyasha, I believe they are up to 142 actually, they just haven't aired the 5 new eps. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Inuyasha, I read the subtitles on the set from discountanimedvd get kinda crappy the second half. I really want to see the rest of the eps, and I'd like quality subs too. The fansubed Inuyasha movie I downloaded was perfectly done, so is Full Metal Panic. If I decided to use what you use, couldn't I just download from wherever you download?

Linux Guru
    Fansubs are often really good. In my experience, they almost always exceed the quality of "professional" subtitles. The best feature with most fansubs is that they often don't try to translate word games, but explain them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by microft.pt
    I LOVE Portugal, it is my home!
    But I hate the people who run the ISPs... always trying to get more money for less service...
    How is the Internet where your from?
    Unlimited Downloads.... How much??

The ISP I hate above all is Netcabo (the one I use), they have the monopoly of the broad band market because they were the first company to offer the service. Now, other companies offer better services, but instead of boosting up their own.... they prefer to raise prices to compensate the ones that "cross over" to other companies.....

PS - Here the internet cost is not much lower than in Turkey....
    You think that sucks? I can only download 1 gig a month, if I exeed that limit, my $50 internet connection goes in isdn speed.. Its always fun with greedy corporations..

Linux User
    i think that's how ISPs make their money. same thing they're doing here on cable. don' t know how DSL ISPs charge their subscribers. but in cable, you exceed your limit and they charge you by the MB! you have an optional unlimited subscription though, which is like 100US$ per month.

but top this! i am on dial-up @ 56k-- at 2US$ for 15hours. hahaha! the only "big" things i can download are OGGs or MP3s, and you can just watch the download process the whole night. it's like a walk in the park.. .
    Registered User #345074

Linux Newbie
    what hardware is required to make a satellite connection?
    Have a nice day

Why do I love Linux so much?
    It's all about choice!

Which distro you choose, the kernel is always the same (I'm not talking about versions though). It's the distro that makes the difference.

That is what I like: there's almost a distro for each type of person
    And what's even important, it's free, you can copy it as much as you like (of course following GPL rules)..

Yes, the anti-Windows remark is coming: no stuppid activation fuss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3