Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok so I am using suse v.10 and my windows xp went down due to problems and I could not access files. Now I have a .rar that I need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Winrar

Ok so I am using suse v.10 and my windows xp went down due to problems and I could not access files. Now I have a .rar that I need to put back on windows because it has all of my reinstallation files but I can not fit it on my 30 gig mp3 player because linux reads it as having 7 open gigs instead of having 26.5 open(if you could help figure that out it would help pass the new thing). So I either need to install a program like winrar that can unencrypt and use the password to access the files to put it on my mp3 player, or I need to transport my files to windows which I can not get access to even under the root user(profile aka main account/admin). (I can see a windows folder on linux but can not access linux throgh my windows system because it does not have a letter like C......)

Linux should have a utility installed by default to open RAR files. It's called (drumroll please) unrar. For a more detailed description of the command-line options and what it can do, type man unrar in a console window.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Im not sure if this will help, but this is what i use http://xarchiver.xfce.org/

Just Joined!
    Well TechieMoe, you obviously did not read the specifics because I said its was encrypted with a password (my parents are jerks (to put it nicely) and keep searching my computer, I am 14 and not allow to watch rated R movies or play Mature Rated games ) I will try that program after I go mow the lawn Mead, it looks like what I need. Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by CloudFX
    Well TechieMoe, you obviously did not read the specifics because I said its was encrypted with a password .
    Unrar handles password protected archives. Read again.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Unrar handles password protected archives. Read again.
    Once again you should read "E-N-C-R-Y-P-T-E-D" what does that spell? encrypted! en-cre-cre-cre-pt-pt-pt-ed-ed-ed encrypted! Very good children one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by CloudFX
    Once again you should read "E-N-C-R-Y-P-T-E-D"
    rar & unrar are the originals. They have all the functionnalities their derivative have (like this xarchiver).

Of course they handle password encryted .rar files.

Did you read rar manual?
    Code:
    man rar
    Code:
    man unrar
    You just unrar the file, and at the end of the decompression it will ask for the password. Very simple.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee