Find the answer to your Linux question:
ive been looking around, and so far iveonly found 56k 128 and dsl, are there any faster ones? and where? also, how secret are these connections if used with a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Whats the fastest free isp avalible?

ive been looking around, and so far iveonly found 56k 128 and dsl, are there any faster ones? and where?

also, how secret are these connections if used with a proxy? are there any that would make safe downloading of emule without being traced and slapped with one of those massive fines?

* sorry if the second part of my question goes against the aup, just delete.

It all depends where you're based. And if you want to run your own services, then you might be better off paying for the connection.

Remember, the rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for - if you pay nowt, you can expect nowt.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    im in england, must be a few good isp's here, at the minute im on 56k (paid for) (i kno, i kno), so im gonna find the fastest free one i can, then buy the hardware to support it

I'm on DSL with Demon Internet, and I pay quite a bit for it compared to some, it's only 512/256, but it's fast enough for me. It comes with web space and such, but the big clinchers (and what I looked for when I last changed ISP) is they give me a static IP block, proper mailfeed, and no download limits. I run my own services, and they host my domain and its DNS for me, which I can modify as I need.

If you take a regular ISP DSL or cable account, you'll get some of this, but it's all about power over brute bandwidth. I have no ports blocked, no email filtering, nothing but a straightforward stream out to the internet - I handle all the fancy stuff myself.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/