Find the answer to your Linux question:
im interested in learning about linux'x inner workings, the kernals, and drivers, and just basicly everythig, i am a complete noob at linux, but after just a few days on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

looking for some resources on linux

im interested in learning about linux'x inner workings, the kernals, and drivers, and just basicly everythig, i am a complete noob at linux, but after just a few days on it im already much more impressed than windows!
    i want to be able to customize it more, and theres noe exact type of resource im looking for, just good stuff on linux really, im using suse 9.3 btw.

Linux Enthusiast
    I'd suggest just keep on tinkering with it! You'll eventually get it to a state where you won't be able to boot and have to install again, but that's half the fun. If you don't want to mess up your current install, get a spare computer and play with that.

Also, once you feel comfortable enough, I'd say give Linux From Scratch a try... now that was a learning experience. LFS is pretty much a book that goes through the steps of building your own GNU/Linux based OS from source code.

Linux User
    Hi Keiran420,
    I suggested you a link for more materials on Linux, in the thread

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...eeds-help.html

which points to The Linux Documentation Project. Did you try going there?

With Regards,
    Thinker

oz
    forum.guy
    oz

Just Joined!

At thinker

i have looked a bit, it is helpfull, ill defiantly be using it more, thanks , and that hacker document was very good aswell, ive read all of that and it has numerouse good links, (downloading python now)

And cheers ozar, ill check them out now

Linux User
    Hi Keiran420,
    have looked a bit, it is helpfull, ill defiantly be using it more,
    I believe, you meant definitely .

With Regards,
    Thinker

Just Joined!

At Bidi

ive been looking at that linux friom scratch thing for the past day, looks interesting, ill give it a go :P, just downloading that liveCD, but 450MB on 56k, i wont get it to this time tonight earleyest :-/

cheers though