Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello i am a total newbie to Linux i am try to find a distro that support the microsoft blue-tooth mouse i have installed fedora core 5 and the mouse ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Which Distro

Hello i am a total newbie to Linux i am try to find a distro that support the microsoft blue-tooth mouse i have installed fedora core 5 and the mouse worked during the install and during the first time use when i restart no more mouse functionally can this be fix or do i need a different distro?

What is the best distro for a beginner?

What are the differences?

that mouse will work if it worked when you installed FC5 you probably just need a driver from the kernel that isn't being loaded. As far as which distro please read the "All New User Read This!!!" in my signature.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    Do you know what drivers i need? i have been look around and i don't know enough about Linux to know how to do that

Quote Originally Posted by vbabiy
    Do you know what drivers i need? i have been look around and i don't know enough about Linux to know how to do that
    There is a bluetooth module you can download. I believe it's called BlueZ.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I believe newer kernels have the hdip module built in which should work for you:

so just {as root}

modprobe hdip
    dmesg | tail {too see if module loaded correctly}

EDIT: looking into it further it does look like you need bluez to actually interact with device so I would look on the page he linked for further information and how to's.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    alright i will try that. because it work great during the install of fedora but then when i rebooted it stop working... the mouse works great in windows so its not my blue-tooth or the mouse.

Does any one have a tutorial or a walkthrough of how to get a blue-tooth device to work

Just Joined!
    Code:
    [root@localhost ~]# dmesg | tail
    usbcore: registered new driver wacom
    drivers/usb/input/wacom.c: v1.45:USB Wacom Graphire and Wacom Intuos tablet driver
    usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
    Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
    Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
    Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.7
    Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1
    SELinux: initialized (dev autofs, type autofs), uses genfs_contexts
    usb 2-2.2: USB disconnect, address 6
    usb 2-2.3: USB disconnect, address 9
    [root@localhost ~]#
    Does this help to fix my bluetooth problem