Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a complete Linux newbie - I have yet to actually install a version of Linux. I've tried a couple of live boot-cd's and decided it's something I want to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Help with wireless internet

I'm a complete Linux newbie - I have yet to actually install a version of Linux. I've tried a couple of live boot-cd's and decided it's something I want to pursue, but I not used anything but windows since I was a wee lad. I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300) and I want to be able to dual boot Windows and Linux, and I need to get wireless internet running. Once I get that done, I can always look up help as I go while I'm using Linux. Help a new kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Scheater5
    I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300) and I want to be able to dual boot Windows and Linux, and I need to get wireless internet running.
    That is very much doable.

Most Linux distro will allow you to resize your existing Windows partition easily and install the wireless (probably Intel IPW2200 on your Dell Inspiron 9300) as well.

You might want to try an easy distro at first, like Ubuntu, Suse, Mandriva, etc.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Thank you - I had not even heard of those distros.