Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have some problem with installing my router. The router itself is running and accepts any cable you're asked to plug into. But it seems like something's not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Problem with router/linux/modem????

Hi all,

I have some problem with installing my router. The router itself is running and accepts any cable you're asked to plug into. But it seems like something's not responding. We can't figure out if it is a problem with the linux or the modem from ntl broadband. Do you have any idea what might cause this problem? Or better, can you have a look at it?

Regards, Maria Silberbach

Can you give a little more details?

Which router model? Which distro? What kind of internet? DSL? Cable? Static IP?

Did you configure correctly the files /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf?

Can you access the router configuration utility from your browser?
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    well, the router is a wirelesss router from d-link. (DI-524). We have a broadband connection and as far as I now the ip adress a dynamic one. we were as well able to enter the configuration side with our browser (opera) but that was it...
    /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf? what does that mean??

Quote Originally Posted by MarySilver
    we were as well able to enter the configuration side with our browser (opera) but that was it...
    Then you are ok.

You can do anything from the router configuration utility (192.168.0.1 on the D-LINK DI-524).

What are you trying to do exactly?
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee