Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded a graphical front end for xmodmap and the instructions tell me I need to use xmkmf in the process of installing the program. However, that command doesn't work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A few more questions/problems.

I downloaded a graphical front end for xmodmap and the instructions tell me I need to use xmkmf in the process of installing the program. However, that command doesn't work on my machine. After MUCH hard looking I managed to find imake and xmkmf online but I can't figure out how to install them either. I also tried to install xbindkeys but couldn't get that to work.
    Also, I am currently using the default .. um ... skin (?) for Red Hat 9. Which is recommended X, Gnome, or KDE?
    One more thing, I installed APT/apt-get on the advice of several people on the Gaim IRC board which is supposed to find missing libraries and install them for you. However, this program has never worked for me while trying to find any libraries that I need. Am I using it wrong or should I just remove it?

I am stuck with dialup internet because I live in the country and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any software for monitoring phone calls while online that works with Linux. On my Windows machine I use Internet Call Manager but that doesn't work with Linux. If anyone knows how to make it work, please tell me.
    Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Figured out how to get xmkmf right after I posted :P just had to install the X Developement package. I installed xkeycaps but I can't seem to find a keyboard that resembles mine. Anyone know which keyboard I should choose to set the keys for a Dell Latitude?