Find the answer to your Linux question:
where can I download (ISO) redhat linux 9...please let me know of a live link- http/ftp. also, which one is better in general- slackware or debian. any comments welcome. thanks,...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Shrike....slackware/debian ??

where can I download (ISO) redhat linux 9...please let me know of a live link- http/ftp.
    also, which one is better in general- slackware or debian. any comments welcome.
    thanks,

Linux Enthusiast
    ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pu...9/en/iso/i386/
    RedHat 9 is like a million years old; really consider using something newer, like Fedora Core.

I'm not really sure about the Red Hat, but as far as which is better - Slackware or Debian - that's really up to you. Slackware is better for more advanced users, I think, but that's just my opinion. Give both of them a try and see how it turns out.
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

as far as "better" goes, in linux it's a matter of taste and style. If you want simplicity, compactness and highly customizable slackware is a way to go.

If you want a stability and less headache on package dependencies (using apt-get), debian is the one. But I never really get my hands on debian that intensively as I did on slackware.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon!
    ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pu...9/en/iso/i386/
    RedHat 9 is like a million years old; really consider using something newer, like Fedora Core.

thanks for the link...yea, I know about Fedora but still want to give this good old shrike a shot on my laptop.