Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello: Running fedora Core 1 I have installed drivers for HP OfficeJet 4110. I have installed hpjis-1.5 and hpoj-0.91 When I go to make a queue I see my device ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No Drivers listed

Hello:
    Running fedora Core 1

I have installed drivers for HP OfficeJet 4110.

I have installed hpjis-1.5 and hpoj-0.91

When I go to make a queue I see my device listed but going forward I do not see my HP4110 driver listed.
    What do I do know?
    Did I miss something?

Linux Engineer
    in your printer config thing did u tell it to use ur new driver

Just Joined!

printer driver

What printer thing could you be more specific?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Printer Drivers

Printer manufacturers for the most part are ignoring LINUX. They are stuck in the BILL GATES WINDOWS world. I experienced this back in November when I first loaded RH9 (now I have RH Enterprise WS 3). Here are two web pages that helped me and more than likely will help you

1. http://www.linuxprinting.org This site has a collection of drivers for printers in Linux. I just checked this site and they do have info on your printer.

2. http://www.turboprint.de (clcik on the BRITISH FLAG for english).
    Turboprint is an add on package that supports many popular printers. I bought a license for about $32 US Dollars. My Canon i850 works great with the turboprint drivers. The great thing about this driver is that you can save your license key on to a floppy. That is what I did when I migrated to RH enterprise Workstation.

Anyway, check out both of these sites. Between the two you will get your pritner working.