Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have downloaded Mandrake 9.2. The file i have gotten is Mandrake Linux - 9.2 - CD1 - i586.iso. wich is a WinnRAR file. I have uncompressed the file and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation problem

I have downloaded Mandrake 9.2. The file i have gotten is Mandrake Linux - 9.2 - CD1 - i586.iso. wich is a WinnRAR file. I have uncompressed the file and the i have copied the all filles to a CD. I have used NERO EXPRESS using the data option.
    I have changed the boot to first start from CD-ROM. When i start with the CD-ROM in the computer doenst read any operatiing system from the CD. It goes to the second option wich is Hard disk.

There is also a autorun.exe program that offers me the option to install. When i go for it it says that computer is going to press the computer doesnt do nothing.

Have i done a wrong copy of the CD? How could i do it?

Thanks.

Linux Guru
    An ISO file is not a WinRAR file. I'm guessing that WinRAR is able to open it, but if you do it that way, you will lose the boot options that are pre-configured in the ISO image. Try burning the ISO image directly to the CD instead. Note that you can't just copy it to a CD as you would normally, since that would create a CD with the ISO file encapsulated in a new filesystem. You have to make a raw burn. How to do that depends on the program, and I don't know how to do it on Nero.

Linux Engineer
    in nero, go to file>image burning wizard, then slect the .iso file u downloaded, then it shoudl be bootable cd

Just Joined!

Thanks. It was just that.

I cant start to install right now for other reasons but i checked your answers and it worked as both of you said.
    Thanks.