Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I was experimening with RedHat a few months back, and I downloaded Shrike. I'm thinking about messing with it again for use with mythTV, and so I downloaded Fidora. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Shrike Vs. Fedora - which should I use?

Hello

I was experimening with RedHat a few months back, and I downloaded Shrike. I'm thinking about messing with it again for use with mythTV, and so I downloaded Fidora. Which is better?

Thanks,

-----------------S

Stick to Fedora.

RH9 and older will expire by Red Hat from next month. (eol)
    Fedora is the new distro that stays free for all.
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!
    would it be wise to just download fedora on a disk just to have incase they just decide to make you buy it later on?

Fedora is the ' new ' open source distro of Red Hat and it stays free of charge.
    Check www.redhat.com for info.
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!

Version 9 will expire?

When I downloaded Fidora, it was in a RH9 folder. Is that the same thing?

Thanks

flw
    Linux Engineer
    When I downloaded Fidora, it was in a RH9 folder. Is that the same thing?
    Most likely not the same thing.

If you don't want to change distributions of linux very often and are patient Fedora Core 2 is due out in April but always seems to change to a later date. You'll have a default currently kernel and fixes to core 1. See http://www.distrowatch.com/ for the latest on Fedora as well as other distributions as they come out for general public distribution.

For Fedora only you can see http://fedora.redhat.com/ for more updated info on Fedora as well as news and issues/fixes etc...
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"