Find the answer to your Linux question:
i got all 3 disks for fedora and when i try to boot from cd 1 it will boot and find the disk but it wont give me the option ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Booting from Fedora CD

i got all 3 disks for fedora and when i try to boot from cd 1 it will boot and find the disk but it wont give me the option to reformat with the disk all that comes up is safe mode and stuff HELP!.... thanks

Linux Engineer
    Do you have enough space for a ext2 or ext3 file system? You probably need to restructure your disk if you previously had Windows on it since it's probably filling the entire space.
    The best things in life are free.

Just Joined!
    so your telling me my .iso disk's i burned can be bad? and ext1 and ext2 im a newb please wright the full length of words

Go and get the md5 hash of the iso's and check them you can find a md5 hasher using Google there is a nice drag and drop one for windows but i cannot remeber the name sorry.

Just Joined!
    so your telling me to go to google and get find a md5 hasher download it and what is this md5 hasher gonna do?

If you create a md5 hash of a file when another person hases it if the file is not exctly the same as when it was first hashed the hash created will be differnt thus you know the file is differnt. You should always check the md5 hashes of files then you know the file hasnt been tamperd with eg. A backdoor added, or buggered download.

Linux User
    I'm not sure because of it booting in safe mode, but with the fedora install, one of the first things it asks to do is test the CD's. This does the md5 check on all 3 CD's to see if they are corrupt.

Just Joined!
    you have to have made partitions with partition magic and linux formatted them

you have to have swap space too