Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hey Beavith...hehe...hehe... he thaid "Dick." hehe.....hehe...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hey Beavith...hehe...hehe...

he thaid "Dick." hehe.....hehe

Linux Enthusiast
    he is absolutely right, I am not bright, nor do I know linux. And with a problem statement like "What happens is, i never see it." I can see how these other guys know exactly what is wrong. Oh my word.

I try not to get upset too often, and when I do it is a mild upsetness, but jesus, do you people think I do this because I get paid? No. For fun? Not really. To help other people? That sounds more reasonable.

I have told people many times that you cannot find the root of a problem with problem statements like "my computer won't start" just like you can't call up a mechanic's shop and say "my car doesn't run right" and expect them to know anything. If you call a mechanic shop and say "okay, I tried to start my car, but it won't start, what is wrong" and the mechanic says "What happens when you try to start it" and you reply "it doesn't start" he is going to think you are a ****ing moron.

Okay, I am done for now.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux User
    Im sorry my crystal ball is foggy today.. you'll have to explain the problem.
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Just Joined!
    you know its kinda amusing, there are a billion linux forums around, this is the only one that i have found thats "nice and cozy". and everyone is helpfull. sometimes you just gotta ask smart questions, or be ready to either reask the question with more info , or take the abuse

Linux Enthusiast
    thank you crippler. I know Dolda puts in a lot of time around here, majorwoo helps when he gets the chance, and I try to answer every new post that I know anything about that hasn't been sufficiently answered before. Even with the insane work schedule I am keeping I still find time to stop in and help out where I can. I know every single person that answers a question doesn't need to, they just want to share the knowledge.

Also, I haven't noticed many trolls here yet, maybe that is because no one really feeds them. Like the holy wars, I just don't get into them. I use Vi over Emacs, would rather use Debian than RedHat, but use LFS above either of those, but these things don't matter much. I have used Emacs enough to be competant in it, so I can answer easy questions about it, and have used RedHat enough to answer even some more obscure questions. It is all about choice.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Just Joined!
    sounds alot like what happened to smoothwall(i think) to create IPCop -- the ipcop people broke off because the smoothwall people were not to nice to the people who used their software. probably not the only reason though.

for knightmare: are your friends trying to directly send the mail to your server cause then you would have to resister your domain name to get the DNS to send everything to your IP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2