Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Dispite having Mandrake 9.2 working on my laptop for several months now, I still haven't sused out how to install stuff. I noticed when surfing the net via Mozilla, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I install JVM

Hi,
    Dispite having Mandrake 9.2 working on my laptop for several months now, I still haven't sused out how to install stuff. I noticed when surfing the net via Mozilla, that Java and Flash things aren't working, so I downloaded "j2re-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin" from Java.com...

How do I install this...?

I have downloaded the plug-in to my tmp folder under my login under home.

Linux Engineer
    Did you run the actual script? After doing that, all you need to do is make a symlink to the plugin (jre-plugin) in the mozilla plugin directory.

My examples;
    Code:
    $ pwd
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firebird/plugins
    $ls -l
    libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /opt/j2sdk1.4.2_03/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    NOTE
    You probably need the gcc32 compiled version so just follow my example. Also, I installed the entire base directory under /opt. You must adjust accordingly to wherever you installed your Java.
    The best things in life are free.

Just Joined!
    It's ok, i've got it sorted....

With a little help from Dapper Dan...

Once I knew the correct command line and linked it to Mozilla, everything worked..

However, I tried installing Flashplayer 6 and now Mozilla won't open (well it does for about 5 secs, then closes)...?

Cheers for trying though..