Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hey everyone, I was looking for a program that can handle par and par2 files. I know in Windows QuickPar is the way to go. Does anyone kno of a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

par and par2 program...

hey everyone,

I was looking for a program that can handle par and par2 files. I know in Windows QuickPar is the way to go. Does anyone kno of a good program for linux?

Thanks,
    Tomek

there are par and par2 in linux....
    you can install them with your package manager like sympatic or download them from internet

Quote Originally Posted by jan1024188
    there are par and par2 in linux....
    you can install them with your package manager like sympatic or download them from internet
    install them?

par and par2 is an error-correction system that can be applied to a collection of files to allow recovery when one or more of the files is lost. (thanks google heh)

you use them when u have an incomplete set of rars and u need to repair them. usually u need software to do that. and im looking for that software for linux.

-Tomek

Linux Newbie
    Parchive and Par2 are command line programs for accessing par files. Par2 is the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsolin
    Parchive and Par2 are command line programs for accessing par files. Par2 is the latest version.
    not sure which ones i should download, what would work for FC5? (all of them?)

sarge, etch, sid, hoary, breezy, dapper, edgy?

-Tomek

Linux Newbie
    For the 32-bit rpm file use this link. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/p...6.rpm?download

For the 64-bit version use this one. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/p...4.rpm?download

I also just found another program called PyPar2 that provides a graphical front-end.

alright is there any documentation or anything, cause me being a linux n00b im not sure how to get this thing working. I've installed it but now im trying to get it to work....

Thanks,
    Tomek

Linux Newbie
    Which one did you install? I will see what I can find to help.

gpar2-0.3-2.i386.rpm

Linux Newbie
    I did some searching, but couldn't find any documentation. Hopefully someone else will know of some.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast