Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    assembling a new system

    Hello All,

    I trying to get my head round the components for a new system, probably socket 939 or AM2. I will be getting a new digital monitor and I believe I need a DVI connection on the rear in/out bracket Trouble is there don't seem to be many mobos listed as having this. Could it be called something else?

    Or would I have to get an adaptor?

    Help here would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Linux Guru bigtomrodney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    You usually have both a VGA and DVI connector on the monitor. If you are buying a Socket 939 or AM2 motherboard chances are it has little or no onboard video support so you'll need to buy some level of graphics card. Almost all graphics cards come with DVI nowadays.

  3. #3
    Hi Bigtomrodney,

    Of course. Wby didn't I see that straight away? You've made me feel a bit stupid.

    Thanks for your reply.

  4. $spacer_open

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts