Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi i just sold my computer, and the person who bought is dosent want the suse 9.0 on it just the crappy old xp, how would i go about uninstalling ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstalling suse linux

Hi i just sold my computer, and the person who bought is dosent want the suse 9.0 on it just the crappy old xp, how would i go about uninstalling suse , i dont know much about this stuff so alot of detail would be great.When i start my computer i can choose which system i want to load so i need to get rid of that to.
    Thanks alot

Linux Engineer
    what you need to do is boot from a linux bootdisk and then use fdisk to delete the linux partitions... after that, you need to use a win98se/dos bootdisk to run 'fdisk /mbr' (w/o quotes) to repair the mbr... then, you can use dos/win98's fdisk to make all the free space from the linux partitions into dos/win partitions... after you're done with that, you can safely reinstall WinXP and have all of the HDD space reclaimed...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Newbie

re:

good advice that lordnothing, however if anyone needs to kill linux partitons from dos/3.x/95/98/me/2000/nt(i think)... in fact every os m$ exept xp, goto www.shareware.comand type in aefdisk. after downloading you will need to unzip it using winzip ect.. after doing this run, from the dos prompt (not a shell in windows!) (after "cd" to the place where the .zip file was extracted) type aefidsk followed by your hdd number (eg 0 is primary master hdd ect)and then type (to erase whole drive) /delall and hit return. for more info read the readme.txt file in the archive.
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!