Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there. Long story short, I was using Vista RC1, not a fan, tried to install Windows 2000, failed. I had a formatted drive and Mandrake 10.1 was the only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10.1 Internet/Network Config help

Hi there.

Long story short, I was using Vista RC1, not a fan, tried to install Windows 2000, failed. I had a formatted drive and Mandrake 10.1 was the only working OS disk in the flat.

I need help getting my internet running and, if that works, getting KotOR 2 to run(my only concerns at the moment).

I'm in the UK and am running 16meg Sky Broadband(the fancy version of ADSL I believe). Im connected to the modem via a network cable, as I dont have a wireless NIC. I get the network icon in the lower right of the screen with the "broken" icon, and an orange cross next to it telling me to configure my network settings. I used the exact same settings as I did while using Vista and XP, but it's just not picking up the network or letting me access the 'net.

Ive tried configuring the connection as both ADSL and LAN, neither works and the ADSL option doesnt even include my ISP, it just has BT and Tiscali. Autoconfig doesnt work, manual config just doesnt seem to do anything, even though, as I said, Im using the same options and IP/subnet/DNS settings as I did previously.

No specific software was needed to access the network before(ie, the Sky disk was only required to set up the modem, you dont need any Sky drivers on the system to connect).

Can anyone suggest something? My experiance with this system previous to today was basic Unix CLI in college.

Thanks.

Just Joined!
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/man...-internet.html
    The 4th post down on this link should help you. If that dosen't work you can try google if you need a fast answer, but most likely someone one here will be able to help you. Also try http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/mandriva-linux-help/ its mandriva help which is formally known as mandrake.

Ice613