Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently using SUSE Linux 9.0 personal and have been looking for a good broadband service compatible with this particular distro. Having researched potential ISP's offering services to UK ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Broadband

I am currently using SUSE Linux 9.0 personal and have been looking for a good broadband service compatible with this particular distro. Having researched potential ISP's offering services to UK based Linux users I came across the Demon Express Total package from Demon. (www.demon.net)

On Demon's website it addresses the question of whether or not it is possible for Linux users to connect to the service

Can I connect with Linux?

Demon ADSL is presented on an Ethernet interface and will support any network operating system which talks TCP/IP, including Linux. However, in common with other service providers, Demon support cannot support users' Linux problems.
    My question is to anybody on this forum who might be using this package, if so what are your thoughts? Is it a good solution for a Linux user? If not what DSL based ISP's do you prefer/recommend? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Linux Guru
    Hiya,

For UK DSL service, IMO it doesnt matter which service provider you choose -- For best Linux compatibility, purchase a DSL router, get a network card in your PC, and put a cable between the two. Then your Linux box is just talking to a network (from the POV of the linux machine), not DSL per se.

Jason

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your help!