Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Good to see this new forum active :o. Just curious, as this forum is named 'elitelinux' - just how elite do the administrators intend it to be? I know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RTFM

Hi
    Good to see this new forum active :o.

Just curious, as this forum is named 'elitelinux' - just how elite do the administrators intend it to be?

I know it's difficult to get the desired URL, but.... can we assume that the newbie forum (at least) will be 'totally' newbie and not RTFM?

With Linux gaining massively in popularity - I feel that the time for the effete/ elitism/ arrogant approach has passed.

Will this practice be adopted throughout the fora (forums)?

Good luck guys,
    Hope it flies,

--
    driv

Linux Guru

Re: RTFM

Quote Originally Posted by driv
    Just curious, as this forum is named 'elitelinux' - just how elite do the administrators intend it to be?

I know it's difficult to get the desired URL, but.... can we assume that the newbie forum (at least) will be 'totally' newbie and not RTFM?

I am to stay away from any RTFM or STFW in all sections of the forum.

The domain name this_site_does_not_exist is intended to indicate that Linux itself is a superior and therefore elite operating system, though it has many uses, and many users from different backgrounds who have many different skill sets.

Everyone is welcome at this_site_does_not_exist, from Newbies to Linux Guru's.

I can see where you are coming from, but seriously, this is an open forum and anyone with an interest in linux is welcome

I will do a little re-branding at some point, to further demonstrate this, need a good slogan/catchphrase first...

good to see you on the board.

Jason