Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Technical Support, I would like to know if someone know the next points ( I am a beginner in Linux...) 1.-How can I install (compile)the software iometer uner Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IOMETER under LINUX

Dear Technical Support,

I would like to know if someone know the next points ( I am a beginner in Linux...)

1.-How can I install (compile)the software iometer uner Linux Red Hat through command line

2.-How can I configure the settings of Iometer under Linux, I would like to test the I/O per second from our storage using a HP server with intel processors

3.-I would like to know if our server is the bottleneck or if our HP storage is the problem, I only want to make some tests.

4.- Please send us an installation guide in order to configure the iometer for linux Red Hat

I would like to measure the next:

a)Maximum response time
    b)IO per second
    c)IO troughput
    d)sequencial read
    e)secuencial writes

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    If you download the source, there should be an INSTALL or README file with installation directions. There is also a tool called hdparm which is probably already installed on your box.
    Code:
    hdparm --help
    will show you all the flags you can use to test your hard drives and tweak them.