Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded Adobereader(rpm Package) and installed using "#rpm -ivh AdobeReader_enu.i386 ". Now how can i use adobereader i cant locate where it is, So i tried to find all installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

CentOS Adobe Installation

I downloaded Adobereader(rpm Package) and installed using "#rpm -ivh AdobeReader_enu.i386 ". Now how can i use adobereader i cant locate where it is, So i tried to find all installed packages "# yum install all" "AdobeReader_enu.i386 7.0.9-1 installed" the adobe entry was there, but when i used "#rpm -q AdobeReader_enu.i386 " it returned "package AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.rpm is not installed". So pls help me to get rid of this problem i want to install adobe reader perfectly and use it.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    If you use KDE or GNOME, Adobe Reader creates and entry in the menu. Usually under the office or graphics section. What is the output of doing
    Code:
    $rpm -qa | grep -i acroread

Lol... Don't mean to laugh at your troubles, just laughing about the age old RedHat "installed -- not installed" problem. I think I was encountering it way back in 7.2. It might be from the command line:
    Code:
    acroread
    ...but not sure about this particular one. The "execurable" is likely in /usr/bin, where many apps are started from. Try opening a terminal and do:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/acro
    And press the tab key until it completes out the command for it. That might tell you what it is, or you could search for it manually...
    Code:
    updatedb
    Code:
    locate acro*
    ...and look for it.

EDIT: Daark.child you're just too fast on the draw!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Thanks a lot people i found the acroread.