Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, Instead of going through the rigors of installing OS and trying them. I found VMware a good alternative. Since I just wanted to try things on it. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Increase disk space in VMware and Damn Small linux

Hello All,

Instead of going through the rigors of installing OS and trying them. I found VMware a good alternative. Since I just wanted to try things on it. I downloaded the iso image of the Damn Small Linux and started using it. It worked pretty well except for one problem. I ran out of space. The space allotted to the home directory was 148MB and I cannot manage with it. So after some googling I found that disk space can be increased with the
    vmware-vdiskmanager.

But I could not find it anywhere in my VMplayer. Then I realized that I need VMware workstation to have that future. So, I installed the trail version of that. I was happy with the interface, and delighted to see that I can add virtual harddisk's to the DSL from the GUI and did so.

But when I opened the DSL, I still see the old space on my home directory(148 MB). Where will I have the virtual disk space, that I just created? Any help is appreciated.

Also I am not clear about the concept of shared folders, if any one can give prointers to that too I will be happy.

Thanks

Just Joined!

Increase disk space in VMware and Damn Small linux

Hi, increasing the size of the disk from the VMWare is separate from what needs to be done at Linux. If you use a partition editor inside the Linux VMWare machine you will see that the disk available has increased. Now you should look to resize the file system in Linux to make use of the extra space you have made available.