Find the answer to your Linux question:
what program do you use in dsl to view a photo cd? and how do you use it. ok. now how do you use a photo for your background? thank ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dsl background help

what program do you use in dsl to view a photo cd?
    and how do you use it.
    ok. now how do you use a photo for your background?
    thank you for your help.
    i know that is a silly question but i just starting useing dsl on a older
    computer i put live back into.
    an older windows 95 with a 1.6gb harddrive.

Just Joined!
    I like the gqview program and added imagemagick for basic edits..both are available in the dsl repository and are small in size...you may install gimp but may not need the added megs.

gqview can set a pic as wallpaper for you, but rebooting with it depends on the way you use dsl..
    .I put wallpaper.jpg files in the fluxbox background folder ( via emelfm click the H to show hidden files then open fluxbox backgrounds....in the other pane of the manager open the cd folder and copy pics)
    then select your wallpaper useing the desktop wallpaper selector...just right click on the desktop to find that. click ok install.
    you will likely have to mount your cd drive if you tend to forget..click drive then right click and mount...you need to unmount when finished..
    if you just double click a pic it will view in the default viewer but gqview offers more...you can run slideshow full screen which hides the cursor and can act as casual saver
    the format of the pics if not compatable with need can be edited with imagemagick
    hope that helps