Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a situation as follows and was hoping someone here can help me with my little problem. I work in a store that sells computers. We have one of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What dist to use?

I have a situation as follows and was hoping someone here can help me with my little problem.

I work in a store that sells computers. We have one of each model we sell on display in the store wich means every time we get a new model I have to install the windows on it so people can see how it looks. Wich also means every time we sell the last one of a model we have to reinstall it to ensure that the customer gets a freshly installed computer.

What I want to have is a dist that runs solely of a cd/dvd so I can just connect the new pc, insert the disc and have the comp boot of it and start and loop a videofile of my choosing.

Is this possible easily with any linux dist? I have very little experience with linux myself so if someone knows of a good dist and/or can help me with how to do this I would be very grateful.

Hi and Welcome !

You can use any LiveCD having Proprietary Media Codecs pre-installed. I would suggest you to try SLAX. Burn .iso image to CD and boot up from It. It supports all media formats.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    Here are a couple of sites where you can check out many of the existing Linux liveCDs:

The LiveCD List

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

Let us know how it goes.
    oz